2014 Favourite Figure

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  edsplosion 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     monk 
    Keymaster

What your favorite figure that you painted in 2014?

Give us a little description of how you converted or kit bashed it too eh!

Anonymous

Had a lot of fun with my Imperial Chaos Knight – stuck an Ectoplasma cannon on the gun arm, with the tendrils from the maulerfiend fit into the socket on the gun too. Added some more tendrils on the sword arm, added a few spikes to the model, scraped off all the fluer-de-lys, and gave it a Black Legion paint job to match the rest of my marines.

Anonymous

These fellas are not painted yet, and still don’t have their backpacks attached yet, but they are my favourites of the year!

The B Boys

Scout legs, chaos marauder bodies, catachan arms and heads, plus assorted bits, and apoc ogres from Brother Vinni. One cut in half at the waist and slightly reposed. The chain was added by drilling through the hands with a pin vice, and putting a drawing pin unfolded inside some jewellery chains.

mvirks 
    Keymaster

This guy, if I manage to finish him in the next 3 days 😉

The Warmaster

Anonymous

Nice work Michael. my favourite was some snottlings I cobbled together earlier in the year. The one with its tougue out and “ner-nerny-ner-ner” hands either side of his head had had its legs snapped off so I created a tree stump for it to pop out of.

Anonymous

I love snotlings. I need to put a load together for a Blood Bowl team, but they are surprisingly expensive!

monk 
    Keymaster

I guess I should post one. Decisions, decisions?!

I have been planning a Chaos Squat army forever (Compendium circa 1989). Back in July I scratched and green stuffed a model as proof of concept and was very pleased with how it turned out.
    I hope to set about the army [The Abysal Hammer] proper in February. When I have settled into my new place wherever that may be?

I had a great time fighting with the twisty side panels on my Fire Raptor. It is such a pretty thing!

I painted a really nice Kill Team for a fun lil’ 30K tourney. Was very pleased with how they looked even if they couldn’t kill a damn thing all day. Another wooden spoon!
    In that team was a model originally built to be Exodus, a super sniper Alpha Legion character.
    He is made up of about a buhzillion different bits cut and spliced together.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     edsplosion 
    Participant

Nice – I like the tiny shield on the left of his chest.

straightsilver 
    Participant

Gonna have to say my Knight. Was an absolute joy to build and paint, probably my favourite GW kit.

And I know everybody hates them (I did to start with) but I now really love the Centurion models. These however were not fun to paint, really should have broken them down into more sub assemblies, but really pleased with how they turned out (just need to finish them now).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
       mvirks 
      Keymaster

Your knight is indeed a lovely thing to behold! 🙂

edsplosion 
      Participant

That’s the dog’s danglies!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2014 The HATE Club - Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts

or

Forgot your details?